Monday 29 August 2011

i still want it soo bad!

As a little girl, i think i was about 11, or 12 years old, fashion was my thing. i loved "skecthing" drawing fashion dresses and draw up my little models, in what i thought was the in thing. Sincemy my mom magazines, i would always rush thriugh the pages until i get to the fashion side of it. True Love magazine was i=the one magazine i loved, the fashion side of it ofcourse, the cover page would have some celebrity in some hot couture. I would look at the pictures and want to draw iot and thenmake it my own, that just inspired me. In grade 6, my mom suggested that she buy me a sewing machine , but i refused cause for some raeson, i was too chicken, i loved it , but i coudnt far with it. i think from then on, thats when i lost the edge of wanting this thing so bad. i continued "sketching" my hot coutures, until one ady i ahd to take it as career. T hen some old women, who studied fashin design back in her times, discouraged me. her reasons where that, fashion design does not have a market in South Africa and that i would study and end up jobless. for some stuoid reason i too her theory and scratched fashion design on my list of courses i wanted.

It has been, 3 years and im now im in my second year in Journalism, we have started with our practical work, and yes im loving it more than anything. Ive done radio, and Online, my did i fall inlove with fashion all over again. I did articles on  local fashion designers in soshanguve, i profiled a Guy from Senegal, damn, i wa suprised that a man from another country is doing fashion and loving it. That was not the only profile i did, Isaack Abbu, just made it al worth it. the guy designs the latest trends, for young people, hes also from another country, and yes its a man, lol  . . . . . ..

Lord knows i love fashion, ive recently come across, Vivien Westwood's designs, iesh this woman. She's old but she still good! See it for yourself




<>
Mis Westwood herself

No comments:

Post a Comment